1) it seems to me that something is not valued highly enough…. the possible reason may be … 在我看来，对某事的重视还不够，可能的原因或许是…
2) but possibly the problem lies not so much in (our institutions) as in (our attitudes). 但可能问题出在我们的态度上，而不是我们的机构上。
注:”lie in”表示“在于，缘于”，表示事情的原因，相当于“result from”。
3) there are many factors that may account for this result, but the following are the most typical ones. first, … 有许多因素可解释这一结果，但如下的是最典型的因素。第一，…
4) there are many reasons responsible for this instance, and the following are the typical ones. 造成这一情况有许多原因，如下的原因就很典型。
5) there are similar reasons when we consider that … 当我们考虑…有类似的原因。
6) there are numerous reasons why …, and i shall here explore only a few of the most important ones. 有许多原因导致…。在此我只想就最重要的几个探讨一下。
7) it is easy to understand the reasons for this (prejudice against) something. one problem is that to most of us, doing something looks like doing something. 理解造成对某事的偏见的原因并不困难。问题是对我们大多数人来说，做某事似乎就是做某事。
8) they fall into the following categories. 它们可归纳为如下的类别。
9) if (lectures) make so little sense, why have they been allowed to continue? 如果讲座没有什么可取之处，为什么还让它们继续?
注:”make little sense”，毫无意义，没什么用，意义不大。
10) this question looks as if it ought to fall in the domain of the (psychology). 这一问题似乎好像应归在(心理学)里。
注:”ought to”，应当，应该; 理应。
1.The advantage far outweigh the disadvantages.
2.The advantages of A are much greater than those of B.
3.A may be preferable to B, but A suffers from the disadvantages that…
4.It is reasonable to maintain that …but it would be foolish to claim that…
5.For all the disadvantages, it has its compensating advantages.
6.Like anything else, it has its faults.
7.A and B has several points in common.
8.A bears some resemblances to B.
9.However, the same is not applicable to B.
10. A and B differ in several ways.
11. Evidently, it has both negative and positive effects.
12. People used to think …, but things are different now.
13. The same is true of B.
14. Wondering as A is ,it has its drawbacks.
15. It is true that A … , but the chief faults (obvious defects )are …